Cenote Calavera

Today I spent a wonderful day at the cenote Calavera, just couple of km west from my hostel. 
This one was quite different from the Gran Cenote. To enter, you can just use the stairs or jump, but stairs are in general used only to get out from the cenote. Here part of the ceiling fell down, leaving some apertures to the underground river. Sunlight enters from these holes, some big, some little, creating a mini light show in the cenote itself. This time I took with me my shitty camera (not the good canon) and I swam with it into the cenote to take some pictures. Obviously I couldn't take underwater pictures, but I hope that you can have a little idea about the beauty of the cenotes. 
During the day, many people came with their guides to dive inside the cenote, and all of them came back very enthusiastic, describing it like one of the most beautiful dive they've ever did. More people I saw entering inside the water and more I wanted to do it too. Unfortunately I'm little bit cold and I can't dive, so I MUST spend in Tulum some other days... 
I will never leave this city.... 

Comments

Popular Posts