Two short stories

Today is Yom Kippur and on this day I want to tell two short stories happened to me in the last week. Don't expect adventure stories, just two simple stories that really touched me.

Since the first day I arrived in Chachapoyas, I got used to have something to drink or to eat in a little cafe in the main square. The place was very nice, the waitress very gentle, prices good and internet quite fast. During one raining day I decided to have a hot chocolate at this cafe before going back to the hostel. When I went to pay, they charged me 3.50 soles. I believed that the price was 2 soles according the menù, but I thought that maybe I just didn't remember correctly. So I just paid without saying anything. Two days after I went back to the same cafe and after few minutes one of the waitress came to me and told me "do you remember that two days ago you were sitting at that table and you ordered a hot chocolate? We asked you to paid 3.5 soles, but we've made a mistake, you had to pay only 2 soles. We are very sorry. This is for you " and she gave me back the money. I was so shocked that I didn't know what to tell her besides "muchas gracias". I didn't think they would notice the mistake, but most of all, I didn't expect them to be so honest.

The second story is about two children I met today. This morning I took a tour to visit a cave and to see sarcophagus of the Chachapoya's period. We are in the Amazonas region and of course it started raining. The way to the sarcophagus was very muddy and slippery. So on the way back to the bus, me and another girl walked hand in hand to help each other not to fall. During this walk, we met some locals, with mules and horses. With them there were also some children. One of them, seeing us in difficulty walking in the mud, just take my hand to help me. Few minutes later another child took my friend's hand. So the 4 of us walked all together hand in hand till the bus. The children were 8 and 10 years old, Felizia and Obe. They were very used to walk on those conditions and looked very happy to be able to help us. Their smiles were very contagious. Once we got to the bus, I gave them a big hug and a kiss. I gave them some biscuits I brought with me in my backpack and they made me a big smile, then they immediately shared the biscuits with their friends. I asked them if I could take some pictures together and they were very happy to be photographed. Here my two little friends...

 גמר חתימה טובה וצום קל

Comments

Popular Posts